THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter has come and gone

We went home to Dallas for Easter weekend.
I'm so glad to be back home in Schertz.
I miss Dallas but my children have behavior issues when we
travel and when we stay at na na's house.
We left on Friday and got in about 1:00 - 1:30. The kids were so excited.
Saturday morning Dad picked us up and off we went to Popma mountain for their first egg hunt. I'll post pictures of this egg hunt later. It was so great seeing my Aunts and Cousins and their kids too.
We all had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect. It was warm with a nice breeze. Not too hot not too cold. Morgan and Garrett were in a Hat contest that their Aunt put on for the family. It was a load fun for everyone. Garrett found a prize egg and won a really cool prize. Morgan won a prize for the least amount of eggs found. She won a really cool Easter bunny and easter basket with little girly things. I was so proud of my kids that day.
The next day we went to my mother's cousin's Easter egg hunt. This is my mother's family's egg hunt. This day was the hottest Easter ever in history. I think it was like 91 or 95 degrees outside. What made it worse is that there was no wind.
But, the kids had a lot of fun. We first went to my mother's house to celebrate my Pa Pa's 80th birthday and then went to the hunt. Once again my son found a prize egg. He was so excited. Morgan didn't find a prize egg but did find tons of eggs. With lots of melted chocolate. I couldn't wait to get home and toss every piece of chocolate away in the trash. It was so gross...all that melted chocolate. We had lots of fun. The kids had loads of fun.
Yesterday Garrett played baseball with Na Na and momma. He is the next super star in baseball. Come to think about it Garrett is going to be the one person that plays professional football, basketball, baseball and golf and maybe tennis.
Oh and gymnastics. He loves gymnastics too.
Morgan, well she cheered her brother on. Garrett says that when he gets big he is going to live in his Hook'Em Horns and Batman house with Pop Pop and play golf all day. I believe it too.
We recently bought a new van. We call it our Hook'em horns van. yes People it is burnt orange. No joke
Burnt Orange. Hook Em' Horns!!!
I love it.
Well I'll post some pictures later.
I'm glad to be home. I miss Dallas but it always feels so great to come home.

0 comments: