I'm taking this week to get ready for next week.
Yep...well...we are over all of our sickness now. Thank the Lord, Garrett did not get the virius that Morgan and I had!!
So, I've been doing clothes like a bat out of hell. I don't want any clothes except what is in our luggage to do when we get back!!! I'M ON A MISSION FROM GOD!
(Ever seen Blue's Brother's?)
One of my favorite movies in the world!!!
Ummmm.....Let's see....well....Garrett is doing great in school and both kids are doing realy good in Gymnastics.
I have Garrett in only one thing now and Morgan in two. So...looks like it is working out great so far. My weekends are free!!! Yippee!!! No games....well not until March when we start up Soccer again.
We got some new games on the Wii....this game is so much fun. But, I only allow Garrett to play for 1 hour each day and his homework must be done before and he has to read at least 1 book to me before he can play.
Recently...while the weather was still good, I was making him go outside with me and play basketball or work in the yard. At least he was getting some outside time.
He seems to be okay with everything...though sometimes...he complains because he wants to play longer.
The other day...I asked him what he was learning from his Wii games?
He said, "To play them...duh!" I said, and will that help you become an astronaut?
He said, "I don't think so." I said, well you are right...this is for fun...and you really don't learn anything from them. I told him it is better to read a book or go outside and play then sit on your tushie and play this game.
He actually agreed and we have had less complaining since.
One more thing...sorry if I hurt anyone...but...I have to say it.
My daughter had to cut her hair recently because her brother cut it for her and didn't do such a good job. When I took her in to the hair cut place we gave her the cutest little cut. Then about a month ago she starts telling me she hates her hair because she looks like a boy!!!! Who in the hell told her this?
Sorry...I am so mad! She does not look like a little boy!!! So...I asked her very calmly, has someone said that to you? And she named off a bunch of girls and boys in her class at school. I'm not sure why I was mortified, but I was. My daughter had no idea of the beautfiul sterotype that all girls should have long hair. Well, she does now and she is very sensitive and made at me and herself about her hair.
I just wanted to cry. So, I talked to her teacher and asked that if she heard any kids saying this to please correct them right away!!!
Then, again...we went to Gymnastics this past week and a little boy about 2 years old came up to her and asked if she was a boy or girl!!! It was very innocent...but I had to wonder is this something that is learned in the home or is it just natural for boys and girls to think that boys have short hair and girls have long hair!!
So, today we went to get Morgan's hair cut and she didn't want to cut it. I showed her a picture of a bunch of girls with their hair short!!! And that seemed to help.
Heather I showed her a picture of you too...and she was like "IS SHE A GIRL?" I was like oh yeah!!
Poor thing!!!
I just hate to see her so worried about something so silly this young.
That is about all I have.
Pretty Boring!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Pretty Boring
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You need to tell her that girls with short hair ROCK! Especially Aunt Heather. (wink)
Post a Comment