THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Funny Stuff my daughter says

My daughter Morgan is 4 and she really is a Momma's girl these days.
She loves her momma and can't get enough of her.
So...she is a that age where all kinds of questions are starting to pop up.
1st - it started with her noticing that I have breasts.
I mean...how could she not notice...she's my little shadow and even accompanies me while I pee. First it was just asking, Mom what are those? Why dont' I have those? What are they called? Will I get them? This is normal. She knows she is a girl and that mom and her have the same parts.
2nd she started calling her private in the lower region - Taut Taut - which I guess is okay...I mean...I would call it her Vagina...but it has a whole bunch of different parts in one down there. And it is just too confusing for her. I'll be giving anatomy lessons later when she is a bit older and won't try to show all her friends what she learned from MOM!!!
3rd - recently she started calling mom's breast her Boo Boo's. Why are my breasts boo boo's? They don't hurt, they aren't covered by bandaids. She told me last night that she wants big Boo Boo's like me.
I promised her that she won't want big Boo's Boo's like me once she is older. They are a pain and get in the way.
4th, remember how I said she accompanies me while I pee....well...she also found my tampons not too long ago and then happen to catch me with one in my hand (it was in a wrapper and not yet used) She is really curious now what these are used for.

Sorry if this is a bit personal...I wasn't anything like this when I was young. I didn't really care much about being a girl. I was about playing outside, sports, being with my dad 24 / 7. I didn't want to have anything to do with my mom until much much later. So, I'm really finding out what it is like to have a Mom and daughter relationship.

All of what I'm experiencing is a blessing and exactly what I asked and prayed for.

This year has been tough for us money wise, but we've made it and it has brought us closer as a family. We have actually spent more time together and done things as family. It's made me realize how precious everything we've been giving really is.
How precious life is.
How precious our children are.
It has made us appreciate our children much more and they have learned to appreciate the things they have too.

Thank you Lord for opening our eyes.

1 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Tonight Luke was playing his Leapster Cars game and he crashed his car into the wall, abruptly yelling, "Dammit!". I guess I better watch what I say huh? It was so funny though.