Okay....I use to work at this company called Walk The Talk....yep. It's called "The Walk The Talk Co." I'm not going to say anything bad in fear that they might sue me. :)
But, I was in customer service and we had this stupid ass ACD thing. "ACD...calls are in que." I wanted to strangle the thing. I mean...when that went off...the entire office would freak out. I mean...come on...there were only two people and if we were on the phone...we couldn't answer the damn phone. Then we would get...why didn't you guys answer didn't you hear the ACD go off?
Okay...well that wasn't the humerous part.
We use to have to make cold calls and we would say, "Hi, this is Dana from the walk the talk company...blah blah blah...I would then be cut off and hear this...WHAT? Walk the Sock What? What did you say? I would then have to very nicely...and very slowly...repeat WALK THE TALK. Still I would get WALK THE TALK? What's that!? Okay at this point...I want to scream and say...if you'd shut the f*** up I could tell you. I swear about every freakin' call was like this. At the end of the day I was freakin' exhausted and wanted to bitch slap some people...We won't mention any names. ;)
I soon learned to talk very slow. W A L K The T A L K!!! Once I even tried...Hi...I'm Dana from Walk W A L K.....the T H e....Talk....T A L K company...and I want to sell you some human resources books on how you should treat your employees better. Yeah...that went over real well. :)
Is my Texas accent that bad? Do I really speak that fast? I mean they treated us like we were from India or something. What's up with that? I'm glad I have a good sense of humor and was able to get off the phone and laugh my ass off at the crazy people I was having to call.
I'm not sure why I remebered that...but I thought I would share. That was a very interesting company to work for. I have a lot of funny stories about that place!!! And all the strange people. :)
I'll post GL's b-day pictures and Christmas program pictures later.
I'm tired.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Something humerous...well to at least me
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment