Okay, so let's see. I'm done with my Christmas shopping yippee!!! Finally.
The kids are going to have a great Christmas all by ourselves. I'm so excited to start some special Christmas traditions just for "our" family.
So...my novel/novels are coming along slow but good. I've been reading some books to help me with building better characters and how to make them more real and believable. Stuff...I'm sure that I did in college, and my creative writing class..but forgotten. It's funny the things that you remember when you start writing...like what freakin' tense...1st person, 3rd person...blah blah.
Okay..and my ideas just keep jumping off the page. I'm really good at brain storming...It's just getting it all organized in my head. Creating the world...is the hardest part...seeing it...and then my antagonist (did I spell that right?) I keep going back and forth on that. My hero...is actually a heroine. I was really having a hard time with her and then last night it hit me. Why should I struggle so much and make her like someone I don't know...instead make her like someone do know...very well...myself. Well..not exactly like me...but personalities that I have...things I've encountered in life and how I handled them during that time of my life. I couldn't believe how this got me writing again...just really cool stuff started coming out of the pen onto the paper. So...my heroine's name....Ferona. I haven't yet decided to spell it like Ferona or Farona. I think Ferona is more likely...but anyways...now...I have to figure out what she is going to do. ;) Ha ha Ha!!! I have a bunch of different ideas...but they are all over the place...so I'm going to sleep on it for a couple of days...get an idea of what she looks. Her birthday is my daughters and my brothers. 2/10. But...she turns 10 on 2/10/2010...Ferona that is...which is probably what I'm going to focus more on that time in her life....so...like I said...it's slow going...but I'm having fun with it.
The other novel is a love story set during the time of Revolution in the colony of Williamsburg.
This one...I have developed much more quickly...I think mainly because the place is real...I've been there and can see it more clearly...as well as the characters...and the time in America. Anywho....I'm rabling too much.
Need to go.
Christmas is around the corner and my 36 birthday! Uggg...4 more years and I'm 40.
It's scary!!!
Monday, December 17, 2007
update
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment