Okay guys...today was so much better!!!
Wew..
I guess it was just a tough first day for him.
Getting settled in, meeting new friends, being in a new classroom with new rules. It's a lot of stress for a little boy.
Today, GL only had 1 yellow. Yippee!!! And he got off the yellow and back on the green when he did good things.
He wasn't perfect...but I don't expect him to be.
The yellow was for tripping people in the hall. :) Boys will be boys.
;)
The teacher made a comment about how competitive he is. I'm wondering...is this a bad thing? I mean..I agree it's not healthy when it becomes an obession...but GL is just a very competitve child. He wants to win at everything and has to be first for everything. Do you remember any kids in school like this? I do. And I remember them getting on my nerves...but it didn't hinder my learning. And you know...the kids sort of grew out of it. Well some of them. ;)
So, I don't discourage him from having this personality, but we talk alot about toning it down a bit. I explain that others may want to win too and you should want to help them. We talk about sharing and thinking of others. Is this a bad thing to do? I've read different things on this. Some say, we should all encourage our kids to share and be nice and happy little children ... blah blah blah...but I'm wondering if this doesn't hinder them in years to come. Are we babying our kids too much these days?
I remember trying out for cheerleader my 5th grade year. I didn't make it. So, I practiced harder and tried out 6th grade. I made it...but on B team. I practiced harder and made A team the next year. I tried out my 8th grade year and didn't make it. So what!! I was sad...but I felt good about myself because at least I tried. I was proud of myself. It was damn hard getting in front of the student body and making a fool of myself...but I did it.
I think going through disappointment is good for kids. Not everyone is going to be the quarter back. Not everyone is going to be the head cheer leader or captain of the drill team.
Now a days I see these cheer teams with like 20 girls on them, sometimes more. WOW. What is that teaching them.
Okay...I'm getting off my soap box now.
I'm better now...GL is back to the GL I know and love.
We are still going to see a therapists tomorrow.
I think GL needs some help dealing with his father being gone so much. I've noticed some anger issues and want to see if maybe he can help him and myself.
Morgan is going through some major temper tantrums lately. I think this is a phase of wanting to be independant and start doing more things herself. I'm not ready to let go yet. She's only 3. ;)
It's good though, because we are getting some good Mommy and Morgan time. Which we haven't really ever had.
When you have two kids, it's hard sometimes to split the attention between the two. That both want the same amount and I have to schedule their times accordingly. This doesn't always work, because well...Morgan is 3 and doesn't always understand what this means. So we play a lot of board games together. Which is also hard for Morgan, but we bend the rules. And GL and I laugh and cut up about it. This helps him with empathy and patience more than anything.
Okay...well...I guess that is it.
We are going to bed.
We need to get up early again tomorrow...school, therapist and football scrimage tomorrow night.
Which by the way...GL is doing great. He isn't the best...but he puts in 100% every practice. I'm so proud of him. And he is having a blast....which I alway make sure to ask him first thing after practice and tell him...GREAT JOB!!
Gosh...wait until Morgan wants to cheer and I'm pulled between the two. WOW...this is going to be so much fun.
Morgan does have dance starting next week. She loves going to dance class she feels like a big girl because she gets to be a part of something like her brother.
I'll write tomorrow and post first day pictures.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
2nd day of School
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 6:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment