THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

GL and meet the teacher





















I met GL's teacher last night. WOW. It hit me last night while walking through the halls of his new school. It's really here. He is growing up. His school career starts on MOnday the 27th. I'm feeled with so many emotions like, fear, anxiety, and absolute joy.
Before I was pregnant with GL, I had surgery done on my ovary and flaupian tube. They were removed totally because of a cyst the size of a grapefruit had developed. This cyst crushed my ovary. This cut my chances of having a child in 1/2. I remember being very upset and just knew I would be one of those women going to fertility help years later. (not that there is anything wrong with that. My sister is going through this and at the moment not going so well)
Think to my surprise when I wound up pregnant. I was so excited. What a special child this was going to be.
I read children's books, mainly classics, while carrying him. Played music for him and sang lulby's to him every night while he was in utero.
One special moment during my pregnancy, we were sitting in front of the TV watching the Jackson 5 reunion. Do you guys remember this? MJ sang with Brittany. As I was sitting there, my stomach started moving more than normal. When a commerical would come on it would stop...than continue when MJ started singing. I just knew he was going to be the next Mozart.
Well, he came into the world quiet not screaming and was the best baby ever. He slept through the night at 3 months. He never cried unless he needed his diaper changed or hungry. He was the happiest baby and is a very happy child. So, much of his personality I see now, I saw when he was a tiny babe.
I'm just not sure I'm ready for him to grow up.
He's my baby boy and always will be.
I'm so blessed to have both GL and Morgan.
They bring so much joy to my life.

Well, Mr. Garza is GL's teacher. Yes, a man. I'm very proud that he got this teacher. I think GL needs more positive male role models in his life. His daddy is gone so much he needs to see positive role models in our society that are men.
Garrett loved his room and was able to find his name pretty quick. He walked right up to Mr. Garza and introduced himself, without my help. I'm so proud of him. What a little gentlemen. He told Mr. Garza that he was going to be an astronaut but not until he went to college. (sniff sniff...a tear roles down my face)
He was so proud of his room. He even met some friends while I emptied out all of his school supplies. We then went on a scavenger hunt for the library, cafeteria, playground, music room, computer lab, nurse's office and the dreaded principals office. ;)
So....Monday we start school. Wish us luck.
GL probably won't need it.
But, Mommy will.

1 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Girl, if you dont't cry on day 1, I'll pay you a hundred bucks. Such cute pics through the years. I love Garrett's eyes. They look just like yours, beautiful. Hang in there and know that Garrett will be having a blast learning to be an astronaut.