Can you believe it? My baby face, puddin' and pie is going to be 4. WOW...it seemed like just the other day I was bringing her home. She was quite a hand full as a little squirt. Well...not much has changed, I can tell you that. She still is quite a little hand full. The first 2 weeks she was home Kirtus and I took shifts I slept for 4 hours and then he slept for 4 hours. Poor Morgie Porgie, would sleep unless you rocked her or bounced her straight. I had a spinal headache for the first week straight..(idiot doctor hit my spina fluid while flirting with the intern.) I'm not shitting you there!!! If I didn't have a freaking needle in my back I would have turned around and bitch slapped him. Don't mess with a pregnant woman in labor!!
Well...those who know me..know that Garrett's delivery was quick and easy. Yep. I think I labored from like 5:00 pm to about 3:00 am..pushed for 15 mins..and out he came. Easy Breazy...wonderful!!! Morgie...well...not so much. That little booger, first didn't want to come at all. I was induced at 6:00 am on the 10th of Feb. Nothing...no movement. She sat there and laughed at the meds. Then the doc broke my water...and well...that's all it took. Bam Bam Bam...we were in business. Well...then I was like. Ha! I can do this natural. I mean...Garrett....was easy..I can do this. Ha Ha Ha !!! Didn't last long. I begged for the needle in my back within the hour. I know. I'm a whimp. So...then after the flirting was all over and the needle was where it needed to be I was a litle bit more confortable. But, not realy. Idiot, put the needle to high and I was numb from like my boobs, arms down. Oh yeah...that was a blast. I could barely hold up my hand, and when it came time to finally push I had to have people hold me..because well..I was like a freakin' rag doll. I know you are all laughing your ass off at the picture of this. I posted a picture of me before the needle. Yeah...I'm not feeling so great...can you tell.
Okay...then when it came time to push. I would look at the clock every 5 mins or so...and it got to be 20 mins...and I started asking..where the hell is she? I mean...hello...Garrett...15 mins...what is wrong. I'm sure the all thought I was a freak!
Okay..you also have to realzie one more thing about me. I had a child at the age of 18 and I did 2 hours of pushing!!! I was not going to push for 2 fucking hours again like that now way! Also...for some reason I have big babies. Ryan was 9 lbs. Garrett was 8 lb 13 oz. Morgan 8 lbs 3 oz. Big juicy babies!
Well...I'm freaking out a little...because I'm thinking to myself...holy shit..I'm going to have to push for another 1 hour an 1/2. So, then I panic and start pushing really really hard and telling this child to get the heck out of me.
Well..she did...finally...but I ripped myself in the process. I'm so stubborn.
So...this time Only 25 mins of pushing!!! Ha! I won! I did it!!!
Oh...for those wondering why she didn't come right away. Well...she was facing up coming out through the birth canal not down. Just like Ryan! Labor and pushng is much slower when this happens. If my doctor had realized this..he could have turned her and made my life much easier. But, I'm not complaining. She's here with us, screaming and yelling. I guess she was curious to see what all the rush was!!!
Two weeks after she was born I went to my mothers to get some help and some rest.
Kirtus had gone to Japan and I was all alone once again.
WOW...to think I almost named her Vivian Lee Barton. My Aunt's nameis Vivian.
When Morgan came out...she had dark brow hair...and I thought...oh NO!!! I made a mistake in her name. I almost changed my mind...but my mom and made a blanket and embroyered Morgan Lee on the blanket. So...I felt bad asking her to change it. Funny huh? But, now...I'm glad I didn't...look at her hair color now...it's a golden brown and she looks like a Morgie Porgie Puddin' and Pie!!!
Morgan Lee was named after my Great Great Grandmother...Dona Lee Morgan-Melton. Dona's maiden name was Morgan, and middle name Lee. I kept he spelling like the boy spelling because Dona's was like that and my Aunt's and my husband's was too.
Yep. Kirtus Lee Barton....so that is how I got her name.
Well...I love you Morgie Porgie...and I can't wait for your party!!!
I can't believe you are going to be 4.
And Daddy gets to be here this year for your party.
Monday, February 04, 2008
6 More Days and Morgie Porgie is 4
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 11:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment