THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another Sunday has past

Another Sunday has past and it feels so good.
We attended church again today and you know...it just really helps me get
right with the Lord. I probably need to start going on Wed. nights. They have bible study and youth groups (AWANA) for the kids.
Garrett still has Soccer practice on Wed....but with only 2 more games left...I'm considering not going to these last two practices and going to these different programs.
At 4:30 they have a children's choir and at 5:30 they have dinner.
After dinner is AWANA and Bible Study, then Adult choir practice at 7:30.

So...Weight Loss is going well...but is very very very hard. I have no will power at times...but I've been reading...sunlight and fresh air help with your weight loss. Uggg....So...I need to start walking outside. I'm at a point where I'll gain 2 lbs and then loose....so....
It's just so hard.

Well...I know it's not a lot...but at least I'm updating. I don't think anyone really even cares...but...it is thearaputic for myself. I really never have time to actually think...this helps me gather my thoughts together and make sense of them. It's Momma's quiet time.
(Plus, I can talk about my renewed faith with the Lord and witness from time to time.)
I'm not sure...if I noted this anytime...but I've been looking and looking for a new book to read. I've been reading my Harry Potter books over and over and over again. And I read Memoirs of a Giesha again.
I need some new reading people!!! It's a way for me to escape from my crazy life. So...I went to the bookstore and was looking at a bunch of operha (misspelled) book club books, and history books, and fiction, a little non-fiction.
Nothing really appealed to me.
I left feeling so depressed and feeling like I just can't wait until July when the very very last HP comes out.
I got in my van and said a silly little prayer to God to give me strength and patience to wait for this book.
And...well....it hit me. Read the Bible. I don't know...why I never thought of it before. It has everything I like in a book. Love, Romance, Mystery....and all of it really happened.
So...I went home to find my bible. My Aunt purchased me a bible - a good study bible...I forget when it was...I think it was when I was going through my divorce. Anywho...I looked all over for that bible. I was an obessed mad woman. Seriously!!!!
I wasn't able to find it. I found the cover it came in??? How odd??? I remember seeing it in the house before we painted. But, have not seen it since. I thought...it's been stolen!! Then thought again...how can you think about accusing someone of stealing a bible. Stealing is bad enough...but stealing a bible?? Dang...Anywho...I think my husband put it some where and forgot. He has a habbit of doing this you see...I'll have something out...(like my bible) and he will come along and pick it up and move it and not tell me. When I ask...he looks at me blankly like he doesn't understand english. Je Parle Englais? (That's french...) I don't know spainish...and he doesn't either.
So...he is in afganistan at the moment. So, I text him...where is my bible? He texts back...ummm either upstairs in the dresser or in the garage packed away.
???? Boy he is a lot of help?
I text back, "Ummm...nope....looked there.
He texts...I saw it before I left. I think I picked it up when we were dusting the upstairs. But, I don't remember where I put it?
I text back, "Well, at least this time you admit to loosing it!"
So...I had to buy a new one. I am so upset about the whole thing. I know that one day I will find the bible that is somewhere in this house, stuffed in a box, that never gets looked at unless you move. And, I guess I can give that bible to my son or daughter. (Yes, it will probably be another 10 years before we find it.
Okay...so I purchase the bible and a cover with a handle...because carrying a 3 year daughter an extrememly heavy bible and keeping up with a 5 year old; oh and my heavy purse...just isn't cutting it.
It is the New Living Bible translation.
Back to my point...I"m reading the bible everyday...from start to finish. Though it is going much slower than I thought. I'm actually taking the time to study what I'm reading. So...I guess it is okay.
I'm still in Genesis - I forget what book...but I just finished Sodom and Gomora (sorry if I misspelled...I'm in a hurry)
Okay...I need to get dinner ready and on the table.

Have a Great week to the one and only person that reads this blog. ;)

0 comments: