I just wanted to post a few things that I have been blessed with.
I am truly thankful for all my blessings.
My children are a blessing. I sometimes have to remind myself that they are blessings in my life. :) It is hard to be a mother of two young children but I wouldn't have it any other way. The hard work will pay off and I know that one day I will look back on these days where I feel like I'm going to pull my hair out and laugh!!!
All the hugs and kisses are so worth it and cherished because I know one day they won't want to spend 2 seconds with mom, much less give her a kiss and a hug.
I love them and thank God for bringing them into my life.
I am truly blessed to have my husband in my life. He is gone a lot these days but we are making the sacrifices now, to make a better future for our children and our life after the kids are out on their own. He is my best friend and it is very hard to do what I do with out him here. We are always on his mind and he is always on ours. We all miss him very much and can't wait until he comes home again in August.
I am blessed that I was able to find the Lord again and have renewed my faith.
The Lord is my Shepard I walk by his side.
In Sunlight and Darkness he stands as my guide.
With his love there beside me I face each new day.
The Lord he will show me the way.
This is a song...that I learned in 5th grade at school, in choir. This was my All City Try out song. Anywho....we were talking about this in Sunday school, before the lesson began, and how much things have changed since we were in school.
How many of you use to pray before a football game? How many of you prayed before marching on the field, whether in Band or Drill Team? I did!
Who remembers praying every morning on the announcements? 2nd period was home room in high school. We said the pledge...and then a prayer or a prayer was on a Friday? I forget...anywho...we prayed in school. In 4th grade we switched teachers for Reading and Math, my Reading teacher made us memorize Psalms 100 I think...I don't recall...but WOW...that is like pretty bold. This was in 1982 or 83.
Now it is obviously frowned upon and not aloud in the schools.
Things sure have changed, and not for the better. I think it is sad that we have taken God out of our schools all together. Well, I know I got off track....but I just had to comment on that.
I am blessed to have a family that loves me.
I love you guys...and miss you terribly. I'll be back home one day. For know I'm making the best of what I have here.
I am blessed to have 2 wonderful step daughters.
I don't see you guys enough. I miss you and so does your brother and sister.
I am blessed to have some close friends here in town. They help me stay sane in my insane world. They give me that relief I sometimes need, when I need adult interaction. I'm sure that some mothers can relate...I love my children and spend almost 24 / 7 with them...but there comes a time where their mother needs some adult time. More so...when Kirtus is gone. Kirtus is my rock when he is home...and when he is gone...my friends step up and take his place. Thank you Jenny, Jennifer, and Shanna!!! You girls are the best.
Shanna...once you are up and ready to go...we are taking that little one and my kids to the Zoo, or Sea World or what ever. Now it's my turn to help you out!!!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Blessings In Our Life
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment