THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ho hum

Well, yesterday we went and got school supplies at Walmart.
My baby is going to Kindergarten. I'm so proud of him.
Sunday I went and got school clothes for him and a book about Kindergarten and some others about space. He is going to be an astronaut when he grows up. Mommy is so proud. So is Daddy. Last night I was reading his book about space and we were learning about the 3 states of matter. Solid, Liquid and Gas. It is a little advanced for a 5 year old, but I tried to explain it in terms that he may understand. I told him Rocks are solid...because they are hard and have a shape. I told him Liquids are like water...because they flow and take the shape of whatever cup or container is holding it. And then Gas...well...that was difficult. Because he kept thinking that Gas was like the liquid Gasoline. :) It was so cute. It was hard to explain to him that sometimes one word can mean two different things.
Then we talked about the planets. Which is his favorite. He tells me now, "Mom, I can't go to Juipitor any more, because Jupitor will crush me if I go there and I will die and go to heaven." Now he says he wants to see the volcanoes on Vensus.
I also purchased some flash cards to work on his addition. He is doing pretty well. He can add the 0's and the 1's pretty well. The 2's and 3's are what we are working on now. Not going so well...so we are just doing it from time to time. I don't want to frustrate him.
Morgan is a little upset because she wants to go to school with Garrett. She is going to really miss her brother. We've been talking to Garrett and what his schedule will be like. I've been telling him that he won't be able to play outside until his homework is done. And Morgan said, "Mom, what about my homework?" I want to do some homework.
She is also the best little helper ever. She helps me put clothes in the wash and loves to help me cook and mop and vaccum. However, she will not clean her room. Even if I help her...she says, "Mom...I can't help you...I'm too tired or Mom, my legs hurt I need to lay down...or Mom I'm too sick." I've never seen a child make so many excuses at "3" not to clean her room. She is a little toot. Her vocabulary is just growing and growing every day. She speaks so much better than her brother did at this age. I think that is because of her big brother. For a long time she would not speak. She would just look at you. It was the oddest thing. When she looked at you...it was like she was looking right through your eyes.
So, dad comes home in about a month. Morgan is really missing her Daddy. She talks about him coming home all the time. One day last week, she thought she heard him and starts yelling for him. I asked her, why are you calling for him? She said, mom Dad's home...Dad's home...I heard him. She was so sad after she realized that he wasn't there.
But...maybe at the end of August Dad will really be home. We really really really really miss him.
(Kirtus...I need a new camera...did I tell you...mine is broke)
Well..I've got work to do.
I'm off...like a dirty shirt.

0 comments: