I had to post this. My son and I have been talking a lot about God lately. Okay...also...I need to tell you that ths proves Texans are just born believing how great they are. I've never said anything about Texas and how awesome are state is. I mean...we all here in Texas now how are state is the best...but I've never said anything to Garret about it. So...Garrett and I were talking about God and what he wants from us. Then he started saying how God loves him, and me and Morgan and Na Na and all the people in Texas. I said, all the people in Texas? Garrett says, yep...because God loves Texas the best. I asked, what about all the other states. He sat and thought for a moment. Then says, Nah...only Texas!
He smiled really big...and says...Mom....I'm just joking...God loves the whole world.
One day on our way back from church Garrett starts asking me about God and tells me that God is in his heart. I said, yes he is. Isn't that great! Garrett said, "Mom...is God really big?" I had to think about this one. I was like well...yeah...I would say that he is really big. Then he says, Mom...Can people see God? I said, well, we see God all the time. Garrett was quiet for about 5 mins. I said, Garrett are you curious about something? Do you have any more questions about God? Garrett said, Mom...Can people see God sticking out of my heart? At first I wasn't quite sure what he was getting at. I said, what do you mean? Garrett says to me...Mom...I'm small and God is big. If God is in my heart can others see him sticking out? I was like yes they can! He smiled really big and said, Good I'm glad. I want everyone to see God in my heart.
Garrett is having a lot of problems with his anger and behavior at school. It is a big adjustment. And we have been praying every night to God to help get him through the day. Of couse...his prayers are so innocent.
Dear God, please help me be good. God, please come out of my heart and go to my brain and tell him to be good and stop hitting people. I love you God. Amen.
Sniff...sniff...
I just want to hold him and protect him from everyone and everything. He is really having to grow up quick.
Friday, September 07, 2007
My son and his views on God
Posted by Kirtus and Dana at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
So innocent. I'm loving the prayers that Luke says these days too...Mostly they're for Mickey Mouse, McQueen and Daddy, Amen.
Post a Comment