THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11, 2001 Where were you?

Where were you when the Towers fell?
I was 6 months pregnant with Garrett when the towers fell.
I was working at Avent in Richardson. I walked in to work and everyone was talking about it. I jumped on the internet to see if I could find any up to date stories. We had a TV in the conference room, but only could get Mexico on it???? So, we watched the 2nd plane fly into the building on a Mexico station. I remember sitting around with my co-workers in silence. It was like a moive. Someone said, "We are being attacked."
It was crazy. The feeling I felt was "Why God? Why now?"
We had our typical morning sales meeting and what was projected for he month. While going through each person in the room, we left the TV on. All of a sudden someone screamed. The Tower it's falling!!! We all turned toward the TV and were dumb founded. We couldn't believe what we saw. When the 2nd one fell, we were still in shock and just really didn't know what to think. Many people kept saying that there were 11 planes in the sky that were going to attack 11 different targets.
I was scared and worried what if they come to Dallas?
I left early from work that day....I remember driving home looking up in the sky...and for days after I remember how strange it was not to see planes in the sky being so close to DFW airport.
America will never be the same.
I miss the old America where there were no worries.
Is it gone forever? Will we ever get that back?
I have hope.
God bless all the souls that were lost that day, not only in the Towers but the Pentagon and Flight 93.
God bless all the people that tried to help and their health has suffered because of it.

1 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Update, it's been 2 days I'm suffering withdrawals..