THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Please send Prayers


I found out on Friday that my Nanny Pearl (grandma) has breast cancer. There is some good news...and possible bad news with this.
The Cancer she has is a very treatable cancer. So, thank God for that. Because of my Nanny's age..she will not be getting Chemo. Which she seems to be okay with. Only radiation...for 30 or 35 days straight??? Not sure on that one.
Then my mom found out...and I'm not sure how..I'm a bit confused on that one right now...still dealing with the shock of all this...but my mom found out that my grandmother has a grey mass in her lung on the hymen. That is on the or close to the area where those tube things go into your lungs...Bronchiles? Okay, so my mom asked one of the cancer doctors about this mass and they freaked out and scheduled a scan specifically of the lung. (Okay, why didn't the doctors ask about this or why didn't her primary make note of this?) I guess all the other scans won't pick up lung cancer. Come to find out...it is very hard to see cancer in the lungs...unless they ae actually looking for it. A lot of times it gets diagnosed as broken blood vessels.
Okay, so my nanny had her first set of X-rays today and she gets some other stuff this friday and then Next Tuesday they look at her lungs and the back to the Oncologist...then surgery to remove the breast cancer on May 16th I believe.
I'm trying to be positive about this.
Trying to be strong.
This is my Nanny Pearl. She's been like a 2nd mom...she's my best friend. I can tell her anything and everything.

I just can't imagine life without her here.
I'm not sure what our family will do without her either.
I really don't want to think about this right now.
Please pray for my Nanny and my family.
I'm not ready to let her go home yet.

1 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Will pray for Nanny Pearl....