THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Soccer Games






I'm having so much fun this year with Garrett's soccer. The team is great, the coaches are great, the kids are great, and the best thing is the parents are great too. The kids are really meshing well and playing together well. Today they owned the field by passing. The score was 10 to 3. Garrett scored 1 goal, but had 3 shots on goal and 6 assists. That is so awesome. I couldn't be more proud. The most important thing...is that he is having fun and he loves all the kids on his team. He has started getting a little nervous when he shoots at the goal...normally he scores about 3 or 4 a game. He doesn't seem to notice...and I haven't pointed that out. ;)
I'm sure I've said this before, but this league is awesome it is all about kids being kids and not about the parents. I don't know if you have ever been to team sports at this age. Parents can be really bad!!! I mean...crazy. I'm really glad that I don't have to worry about Garrett seeing that type of behavior here.
Well, here are some new pictures of GL and his game today.
I spiked his hair in a Faux Hawk. He loved it. Next week we are painting it BLUE! He thinks he is so cool! All the kids on his team wanted to do that to their hair next week during the game.
Morgan starts playing soccer this fall. She can't wait. I think she might be better than her brother is or at least just as good. Until then we are still doing gymnastics on Mondays.
Oh...for those who have 2 close together like mine or who baby sit 2 from time to time. Occasionally they fight over silly things like who gets to go through the door first. Who makes it to the car first. I've come up with a system. It's the captain system. On Saturdays and Tuesdays Garrett is the captain. That means...he leads us out of the front door and leads us on the field.
On Monday's Morgan is captain...that is her gymnastics day. Then I have a calendar for all the other days. Mommy gets Sunday!! That is may day to be first.
Oh...and I've remdinded them that I am the General. I rank higher than the captain. So, what I say goes...no matter whos captain day it is.
They seem to love this.
And the fights have ceased for the moment. They love reminded each other who is the captain and whose day it is. But, that is typical sibling behavior.
They really do love each other...but they hate each other just the same! ;)

We are also signing up for Soccer Camp this summer. I can't wait to see Morgan out there having a blast.
:)

0 comments: